Complete gym guide :how to start a 24 hour Fitness Center and Tanning
How to start 24 hour Automated Fitness Center
and automate your Tanning beds
How to be the number ONE Gym in your town with these Fitness Marketing Tactics
“How I took Gym from 50 members to over 300 in less than 3 months”
by: Shannon Cook
Includes exact examples of the Gym Ad’s I wrote and links to audio ad’s I ran on the radio that were super successful. Also includes website screen shots proving how I measured each one and how you can too using a simple website plug in.
You’ll also learn how I sold my gym for 5 x what it cost to start and exactly how I negotiated the sale using “Pick Up Artist Techniques”, absolutely no joke!
I’ve spent Ten years writing this book and thousands of dollars in mistakes, marketing trails, bad employees, bad members, low cost gym’s opening near by, and converting to an automated 24 hour gym from scratch with no help in figuring out a system for everything.
**Revised Edition** plus new bonuses $29.95
With your purchase of this book you get a FREE 15 minute consult with me. You can ask me anything about
the 24 hour system, starting a fitness center, or marketing your gym. Or you can ask about all three.
Mark Twain said “He who totes a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way”.
I have gotten scratched by many cats in my gym owning expeditions, this is your short cut
I normally charge $125 for 30 minutes of consulting. So you’re getting $62.50 for the price of this book.
Also included | Access to interview with NFL New Orleans Saints Player Will Herring, who used this book and system to open his 24 hour gym
Learn how to ensure your gym’s success
after opening with the exact Marketing tactics I used along with actual examples and proof it works,
how it saved my fledgling gym, and turned it into a successful 24 hour fitness center.
How to open or convert a gym into a 24 hour gym
Picking the right location for your gym
The build out and dealing with the landlord and contractors from a gym owner/general contractor himself
This system can be used for other businesses, for example, I HAVE STARTED A 24 HOUR FULLY AUTOMATED
TANNING SALON INSIDE MY GYM USING THE SYSTEM YOU WILL LEARN HERE.
Also Learn why I got sued for $190,000 and lost, but came back to be successful
I DID EVERYTHING WRONG BEFORE I DID ANYTHING RIGHT, but fortunately I stuck with it and found some very successful businessmen to guide me,
and I innovated by turning my gym into a 24 hour fully automated gym, then SPENT OVER $20,000 and 7 Years
TO LEARN MARKETING THE OLD FASHIONED WAY and put it to work in my own business to see what worked and what didn’t. You’ll learn what I did both ways
Exactly what you’ll learn in this 230 page book:
First I’ll tell you that converting my Gym and Tanning Salon into 24 hour fully automated system and saved me over $3,000 a month right off the bat on labor Alone!, and then combining the marketing I tried, I’ll teach and show you in this “How to Start a fitness Center Book” how I tripled my gym memberships within the first 3 months of fitness marketing I did.
- What system to use for your 24 hour Gym Access System
- All the details of the ezclub gym software system I used
- What billing Systems I used, a fully automated credit card and bank draft software inside the gym management software. and its wonderful!!! it saved me thousands of dollars in time and lost productivity because it took me many, many hours a month to keep track of payments and I’d always forget something that cost me money until I started using the software with the billing features.
- Productivity , goal setting, and gym Management (an absolute must read section of the book that will forever change your business thinking and dealings with others
- Database Marketing (which has been one of the best marketing tactics I have employed, EVER!) and how exactly how I did it
- Dealing with Employees that were nothing but vampire suckers and how not to make the same mistake I did, then how I hired the right employees. and got rid of the bad.
- Customer Service, best procedures
- How this system will work for other businesses such as Tanning Salons
- What Publication magazines to subscribe to strictly for gym owners and for Tanning Salons
- Deciding what kind of gym you want to open
- Incorporating or LLC?
- Partnerships, do or don’t
- Buying an Existing Club
- Business Plan and Executive Summary
- Funding your Start up
- Accounting, the system I use to account for every dollar. If you don’t know your numbers then your losing money, guaranteed
- Naming your Gym, don’t make the mistake I did that took me several years to overcome
- Spying on your competition (Sun Tzu said in The Art of War, “know your enemy if you expect to win”)
- Picking a Location
- Electrical needs and how to figure them out
- Lighting and the latest technology
- Air Conditioner and Heat Electrical needs
- Cable or Satellite hook up
- Phone services, not all are the same
- Negotiating the Lease
- Choosing signage for Marketing your Gym
- Painting the interior of your gym for the most energy for your members
- Insurance companies and how to deal with their demands and cost increases
- Figuring the layout and getting Plans Drawn up for your fitness center
- The Build out
- Getting the Permit for the Build out
- Mirrors? how many to get and average cost to pay
- Gym Equipment, all the pros and cons of new verses refurbished and or leasing
- Best places to buy Parts for gym equipment
- Flooring and how I made my own cardio flooring and saved $6,000 on one room
- Pro Shop Vendors
- Office Equipment you must have for running a gym
- Camera Security Systems
- Energy Efficiency in your building. How I saved over $400 a month with a few tricks I learned
- Motion Switches for Lighting
- Ceiling Fans
- Sound Systems and Cardio Theaters
- Childcare rooms, to do or not to do?
- Waivers, actual copies of both my gym contracts and cancellation forms for you to copy
- Hiring Employees, and how to deal with them before they turn bad
- Hiring Personal Trainers
- WIFI for members to use
- Press Release Writing and getting it published, along with the exact press release that got me going. Includes the template I use.
- Marketing your gym. Everything Marketing!!!
- Marketing Checklist
- Email Marketing, all the tactics I use and examples of some of my emails and how you can subscribe to my gym list so you can get my exact emails too
- How to build a complete Website, like mine, complete with a real virtual tour video that will pre-sale memberships better than any marketing materials you have, by using the FREE wordPress software and YouTube to host your virtual tour video.
- Google Adwords to drive prospects to your gym over your competitors (you’d be surprised how many gym owners know absolutely nothing about this, and I get at least 5 clicks per day of targeted traffic, other words, they were looking specifically for a gym in my town but didn’t know where to go. I’ll explain it all.
- The Grand Opening- How to go about it.
- Mailing List Companies to buy local names and addresses from for your targeted marketing efforts.
- Social Marketing
- All books and web resources I use and recommend that made me creative and taught me all about business and marketing.
- Summary of my gym business experiences
This is a 100% complete guide of how to start/ and or convert an existing fitness center into a 24 hour fitness center, then how to market it with the combo of website, email, radio, and snail mail marketing tips and techniques.
If you want to know all the WRONG THINGS I DID, here they are
- When I opened I picked the wrong location
- used the wrong subcontractors
- bought exercise equipment from the wrong people and also bought the wrong equipment
- finished my concrete floor with too little sealer
- painted some rooms the wrong colors for the right psychological effect (which you’ll learn)
- Made the tanning bed rooms too small
- Offered childcare when I wasn’t set up for it correctly
- Hired the wrong employees
- Hired the wrong personal trainers
- Installed the wrong size air conditioner
- Signed contracts for phone lines that I could have negotiated for a lot less
- Used the wrong lighting
HOW I GOT SUED FOR $190,000 because of a contract that really didn’t exist (here’s where I made my biggest mistake by believing lady justice is blind, when really she has one eye open, and she’s looking for the most $$$, not justice), so learn what not to do from my terrible choice in buying an existing gym and not getting the right info for an informed decision, and I’ll tell you everything you need to get before buying an existing fitness center
I then turned my gym business around completely and figured out on my own what no other gym owner would tell me, and I don’t blame them, after all they learned the way I did.
Do you dream of starting a gym, Tanning salon, Yoga
studio, personal training studio, boxing, wrestling,
Pilates, or specialized women’s gym?
But don’t know where to start?
Just picture going to work everyday at your dream job like I do.
I get up earlier and stay later because I have a passion for what I do, but now that I have a system in place to run my gym for me, through hiring a great gym manager, converting my gym to a 24 hour access club, and automating most of my marketing process, so I can concentrate on writing books about how to open and run fitness centers and how to market your club once open.
I will guide you through every part of the process from scouting locations, negotiating with landlords, colors to paint, electrical calculations, dealing with contractors or be your own, how and where to buy your gym and tanning equipment, signage, insurance for regular hours and 24 hour automated gyms, security system, 24 hour access system, automated lighting systems, how to price your memberships, how to write ads, and much, much more
The Marvel tool for Marketing.
The most underutilized tool for your business locally or regionally, BUT BEWARE!!! you can spend thousands on accident if you don’t know what you’re doing, I explain in dept how to utilize this marvel of marketing, from how to write a great ad and how to test many versions of ads to find what works best
Then I’ll tell you what settings you’ll need to check and which ones to uncheck so you don’t end up having ads everywhere they don’t need to be and costing you clicks that cost you money.
You even get to see one of my campaigns, how many clicks I got and for which keywords and even how much per click and what area the person is clicking from. I’ll show you everything
A couple building a gym with this info
“… My husband and I are in the beginning stages of starting our own personal training studio, we were so happy to stumble across Shannon’s book and website at www.fitnessmarketing.tv. We noticed that Shannon said he would be willing to answer a few questions we had, so we called him. What a great guy, we could tell he was very genuine and cared even though we had never met him before! I loved the parts in the book about what Using Psychology to find out what color to paint in your gym, I would never have thought about how the color choices we make affect our clients. We were actually already considering red as the main color, now we know better.
-Nicole and Jon | Michigan
I found Shannon’s book online and read it because I always wanted to start a gym but didn’t know what kind of gym or how to even get started. Being in the NFL i travel non-stop and needed freedom to not be bothered with constant calls about gym stuff. I hired Shannon to help me after I read his book. He traveled to me and helped me get everything going with the 24 hour system and most importantly helped me with the website and all marketing. I got it opened and am still in business today with less headache than I thought possible because I have a 24 hour system and marketing system in place.
Former NFL Saints LB | Will Herring #54
“The Most Complete gym opening how to
You’ll Find — Anywhere!”
I think it’s important you know…
The book contains over 200+ pages with pictures of marketing materials I use and many pictures for visualization of the exact information you need to get the vision of where you are going in the gym business.
- How to get your dream built or bought, and where to get funded
- Where to go to get all your equipment
- Access control system and security system info for 24 hour club
- How to hire the best employees and an awesome manager
- And how to fire anyone without all the stress you feel before the event
- Marketing basics, mailing list, how to write ads, radio ads, grand opening marketing
- Gym software you must have for a successful operation
- Managing a successful gym
- Much, much more!
I have poured every ounce of my knowledge I have gathered over my business owning career of 16 years into 6 months of writing this book so you may have the luxury, for the absolutely low sum of $39.99 , and in fact if your too cheap to invest that small amount to learn how to open your dream, then you don’t deserve to be in business.
$29.99 to learn everything about 24 hour fitness center
or 24 hour automated Tanning Salon from scratch
Even “ONE” of the “UNIQUE FITNESS MARKETING IDEAS” you’ll learn,
will pay for this book multiple times over, and over, and over!
I’m going to give you the
next 182.5 days, that’s 6 months
No expensive shipping costs and no waiting!
This is a downloadable PDF e-book that will you will
have access to immediately by email!
Here’s how to order right now!
FOR ONLY $29.99
Just click the button below for instant access!
Shannon Cook, former owner of Temple Gym in Northport Alabama, which he built from scratch, and sold for over 6 x what it cost to start.
This book tells everything from starting to marketing. After 3 years of being open I converted Temple Gym into a 24 hour fully automated access gym and 24 hour Tanning system and stayed that way until I sold it 10 years after starting the gym.
Now get the book that will change your gym owning life!!! ONLY $29.95